Medicare Covers 80% of Your Medical Needs, But What About the Other 20%?

Why You Should Consider a Safe Money Account
October 24, 2018

Medicare Covers 80% of Your Medical Needs, But What About the Other 20%?

Your medical insurance with Medicare can cover a wide range of medical treatments, surgeries, and medical care that would otherwise be incredibly expensive and hard to pay for. But what about the medical gap? You know, the one created by the fact that medical insurance rarely covers copays or coinsurance costs. Not to mention the deductible we have to worry about. What do we do if we can’t afford to cover these costs?

Well, that’s where we come in.

Christian Care 360 offers Medigap coverage, which covers the gap created by Medicare. Here’s everything you need to know about this coverage.

What is A Medicare Supplement Insurance Policy?

A medical supplement insurance policy, or Medigap insurance, helps to cover what Medicare doesn’t. This can include costly copayments and even your deductibles. This can be incredibly helpful for times when we have to undergo an emergency surgery, visit an emergency room, or have some other unexpected and costly medical emergencies.

What Are My Options?

When it comes to supplements, you have two options: a Medicare supplement and Medicare Advantage. However, a Medicare supplement from us comes with many more benefits than the Medicare Advantage plan. With our Medicare Supplement policy, your coverage includes:

  • Covered copayments and coinsurance costs. Many times your deductible is covered as well.
  • No network restrictions, so you can see any doctor that will see Medicare patients. On top of that, you don’t need a referral to see a specialist.
  • If you pay your premiums, your policy is automatically renewed.
  • Covered travel expenses, so if you need to travel to receive the care you need, it’ll be covered. Many plans also cover foreign travel emergencies, offering insurance should you need medical care in another country.

With Medicare Advantage, you won’t get the same kind of coverage. Your deductibles and copayments are usually not covered, you have to choose a doctor from a small network, you’ll need a referral to see a specialist, and there will be other restrictions that’ll limit what you can and can’t do in order to receive the medical care you need. With a Medicare Supplement plan from Christian Care 360, you’ll save money and receive more coverage.

Call Christian Care 360 Today!

If you receive medical insurance through Medicare and want to bridge the gap between what is and isn’t covered, give us a call today. We’ll help you apply for our Medicare Supplement policy so you can be covered as soon as possible.